Saturday, May 19, 2007

NEW!

88 years after the introduction of the Reese’s Peanut Butter cup, the Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar has been introduced. I hadn't heard of the thing until a friend gave me one for helping me unload groceries.

Sticking with the two main flavours that makes Reese's what it is (chocolate and peanut butter), the cup has been made into a bar and the cream has become crunch. While awfully similar to the popular Butterfinger (Nestle), the Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar is a tad creamier, yet retains a lot of crunch. It also has a much longer and less memorable or creative name. Also, the center of the Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar is much lighter than a Butterfinger's core and contains peanuts.

Reese's? Yes.
Crispy? Yes.
Crunchy? Also yes.
Bar? Affirmative.

Now, it doesn't seem like Reese's new bar is going to be an immediate hit. Even on the internet it's still kind of hidden, even though it's been out since September of 2006. However, given a choice between this and a Butterfinger, I might have to go for the Reese's. All things considered, I'm glad I helped with the groceries!