Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Figgers

I'm working on all sorts of primitive imagery and these are some figures from the "project". Some are drawn with my left hand, some are drawn holding the marker with my fist instead of fingers, some were drawn upside-down.
=============================
I remember, as a kid, there was something deep down inside the drawing that I was attached to. Something that was found in the colours and lines and textures, but also something else---outside of those things. I think part of it was the newness of the whole thing. Testing a pencil on paper and seeing what happened. Its easier now to make calculated lines, but maybe they aren't as packed with life as when lines were new.
=============================
These drawings are some tokens of me approaching drawing as something new.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man oh man oh man. I'm so in-like with your wondrous figures, Jess. Thanks for drawing the great.
-Gheybin