Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Future for Images

My last few drawing sessions have left with me with this overwhelming feeling that....

at some point in the future there will be a program or device that will be able to look over a picture and be able to present hundreds of pictures that look similar (have similar content, similar treatment of content, maybe even style), or even things like similar colour schemes or shapes and angles.

I imagine it would start off running something like pandora, but for pictures. 

I'm not talking about pulling up pictures that people have typed in connections for, though. I'm talking about a device or program that would "look" at a picture and break it down into certain criteria, then "look" through a database of images and pull up similar images. 

I'm just saying...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean the photosynth? http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/blaise_aguera_y_arcas_demos_photosynth.html